About the Journal
Climate Economics and Finance (CEF) is a peer-reviewed journal for the publication of original research related to managing environmental systems and improving environmental quality. All papers submitted to the journal must be original and show a specific link with CEF applications. Specific areas of interest for the journal include:
- Markets for energy commodities and derivatives
- Regulation and taxation
- Environmental and climate assessment (environmental impact assessment, risk assessment, life cycle analysis, material flow analysis, life cycle costing, emission accounting, etc.)
- Social, economic and policy aspects of environmental management
- Transportation modelling
- Financial analysis
- Other topics related to SDGs
The journal does not accept manuscripts exclusively focused on any of the following aspects:
- Simulations/modelling, when predominantly oriented to mathematical issues
- Reactions/process studies, when predominantly oriented to chemistry issues without an environmental viewpoint
- Products/waste recycling research when broad environmental management aspects are not adequately accounted
- Materials synthesis without, precise environmental management applications
Authors will be asked to provide a novelty and relevance statement indicating how the results are deemed original with respect to the state-of-the-art in the field, relevant and essential to the advance of knowledge on environmental management and applicable to a broader audience and wider contexts.
We aim to provide a high-quality peer-reviewed process to authors. This journal is a Gold Open Access journal; online readers are not allowed to pay any fee. All Article Processing Charges (APCs) are waived until the end of 2024 (year).